View Profile Kaizerwolf

18 Movie Reviews

Amazing.

I watched it all. And I loved it all. I think I'll watch it again some time.

And i hate Commando. Having someone teleport around a corner and knife you is never fun.

Awesome work!

MoozipanCheese responds:

The only thing worse than Commando is when you knifed, rage against Commando, watch the Killcam, and realise he didn't even have Commando. :(

That was great!

It was pretty sweet man, if only solar fist didnt take the music off. It was seriously good, I loved it. I even laughed! :D

10/10 and you get my 5!

Rebeliousness responds:

Thanks! XD

Intense!

That was pretty awesome my friend. Made my day, even though it was short. Would have liked to see him running more with the intense music in the end, but it was good still. :D

drodZILiA responds:

Thank you!

9 Game Reviews

Enjoyable

It kept me busy for quite a while. It's simple, yet very fun.

10/10 and 5/5.

You need to upload the music.

I really enjoyed this game, same as the first. I was one of the people who gave it a save, and i was happy to do so for that game and very happy to vote for a 5 on this game as well. The music really completes it for me, you NEED to upload it to the NGAP.

10/10, 5/5, Faved. AGAIN.

Amazing!

I would have never thought of a game like this, it really is fun! Could be a very popular game if you get it out there. Despite some minor flaws which can be fixed, it is an amazing game to play.

10/10, 5/5, Favorited. I will DEFINATLY play this again.

339 Audio Reviews

I feel bad, KB, I've lost touch with NG and a lot of the artists, and you're included...

This was instantly a favorite for me. I've always liked your work, but I like the style you've gotten into. There isn't anything I really have in complaint about the song. The percussion is fantastic, nice and light, no clipping, excellent mastering. The bass is quiet and pleasant. The higher pitched sounds have a wonderful reverb to them, and it only adds to the ambience of the whole piece.

Anything else I can say has already been said. :D

Awesome work man, I really have to keep track of you again. If this is a good judge of the whole album, I'm definitely buying!

-Kaizerwolf

Kingbastard responds:

Cheers, much appreciated;)

To be honest, it reminds me a lot of Skyrim's themes, mostly from wildreness exploration.

To start, You do not have any... well, violent clashing of instruments. Everything flows well together, nothing sounds out of place. You've got your main lines playing, which, to be honest, in itself would be a fantastic song still. But you've added a lot of ambience by adding (what appears to me as) a background wind/water effect, other sounds and pads that sort of ebb and flow around the whole piece.

And the fact that you've made a 7 minute song out of simple and smooth pads is amazing in itself. I've tried these things myself, and I can never get more than a few minutes without losing track or thinking the sounds are too boring. Would you mind telling me where you got a few of your pads? I'm always looking to expand on what I've got.

I'm really surprised I've never listened to your work before. I'm almost kicking myself for not doing so!

Wonderful song, by far.
-Kw

Ogt2 responds:

Hey man, thanks a lot for your awesome review.
I'm not familiar with any of the Skyrim themes, but now that you mentioned it I should probably check it out for myself (might find some inspiration there! ;D)

The plug-in I'm using for the pad is U-He's ZebraCM, which you can probably download by searching for it on Google. I always use that plug-in for pads and whatnot that I include in ambient songs (lots of useful functions that can make a great ambient instrument).
The background ambience you mentioned isn't wind/water, but it's actually pink noise. The fact that the pink noise is in the background really makes it sound like wind/water. I also added a volume variation to it, which is one of the many functions ZebraCM offers you. Great stuff really, you should definitely try it out for yourself! :D

Making a 7 minute song out of only simple pads and pink noise is a challenging task which requires a lot of patience. Not only the 7 minutes of recording can get a little hectic and boring after a while, but there's the whole part of trying to find a good start to your song and an end as well, the mastering after the recording and the instrument creation before. It can be really nerve racking if you're starting with music but as you get more experienced it comes pretty naturally (though I do have about 100 failed ambient songs in my computer xD).

As you're recording the ambient song you should always keep an eye on the current length of the song. In most music applications I believe you can switch between measures and length, and as ambient songs don't (always) require measures then I usually keep it on length mode while I'm recording. If after two minutes you think your song is starting to sound monotone and boring you should try adding some variations to it (like the darker part of the song around 4-5 mins), as you can notice the start of the song is a little more brighter, happier, but as time goes by it progressively becomes darker.
One last thing I like doing in ambient songs is adding some little "easter eggs" (like really quiet footsteps at the end of a song, or in this song the really bright pad at 2:35).
If you use enough variations then you'll get a great song (if you make any be sure to send me some links, I'll be glad to check out what you can come up with! ;D)

So yeah, if you're making an ambient song like that you should definitely keep those few things in mind. I'll send you a PM with a few links to plug-ins and also my YouTube channel (I usually post a sh*tload of songs there haha ;D)
Anyways, that's about all I have to say about the creation of ambient songs (if there's anything else you want to know just send me a PM, I'll see if I can help you out)

Cheers

OH.

HOLY CRAAAAAAAP.

Gravey this is why I love you. Seems we have both remixed a song of ours. :P

This is wonderfully done. I have absolutely nothing to complain about with this. The original is great, but.. god damn, man! You've done an excellent job reworking it! The sounds are so much more crisp, the mixing is fantastically done, the percussion is to die for. The glitches aren't my thing, but I can't complain about them, they fit wonderfully into the piece. The guitar section for the first breakdown is really well done too, sounds like a super video game.

I've been thinking about going back and re-doing some of my older stuff.

This is great hearing this song again. And it's great to hear you again! I'm sad that we've lost touch, but it's good to know how much you've improved on your music. :D

10/10
5/5
I wish I could go higher.
-Kw <3

Gravey responds:

Thanks!

You need to get your FL 8 running again. So we can collaborate on more music like this.

-Gravey-

6 Art Reviews

Whoa

That does look cool! It's like a cloud or something.

If you added some color in, it would look better though. It might give the eye something to focus on. :)

Still, it's good! 9/10.

DissCent responds:

Thanks =) Made a version with some color: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/disscent/plasma-with-colors

Whoa.

Looks like a Gallardo taken over by zombies or something. This would be so cool in a left for dead setting, a silver high-tech Lamborghini with bloodstains and splatters. Me, being a car fan, I can see the intricate detail put into the car itself.

Very nice job man! (and thanks for the scout, sorry it took so long for the thanks!)
10/10 and 5/5.

Wow...

Insane. You've really got this fractal stuff down, mine look like childsplay compared to yours. :D

Chronamut responds:

the infusion of photoshop is very important - otherwise a lot of them are rather unremarkable :)

thanks for the review!

-shawn-

Whatever you see here is.. well, mind blowing. Contact me at: dgm.kaizerwolf@gmail .com

Jeff Mitchell @Kaizerwolf